Join us in making the Liberal Party stronger. Every dollar that you contribute to the Waterloo Federal Liberal Association helps us to maximize and turn out the Liberal vote in our riding in the next election.
Simply by contributing $25, $50 or $100, you can make a huge difference to re-electing our current MP, the Hon. Bardish Chagger, in the next election in 2019. However, if you can afford to give more, each individual in the Waterloo riding can donate up to the following maximums to these political entities during each tax year:
- Liberal Party of Canada (LPC) – An individual can contribute a maximum of $1575 to the LPC in the 2018 tax year.
- Waterloo Federal Liberal Association (WFLA) – An individual can contribute a maximum of $1575 to the WFLA in the 2018 tax year (if applicable, contributions to nomination contestants or nominated candidates are included in this maximum).
How to Donate
Click the links below to learn more about the two types of donations that you can make to the Waterloo Federal Liberal Association:
Tax credits for political donations in each tax year are calculated as follows based on the amount of the total donation to the LPC and WFLA:
- First $400 = 75% of amount donated
- Between $400 and $750 = $300 + 50% of amount donated over $400
- Over $750 = $475 + 33.3% of amount donated over $750 to a maximum of $650
Here are some examples:
- Donate $50, get $37.50 tax credit
- Donate $100, get $75 tax credit
- Donate $400, get $300 tax credit
- Donate $750, get $425 tax credit
- Donate $1000, get $558.33 tax credit
- Donate $1275 or more, get $650 tax credit